Featured Blog Postings

HC Blog

Cleaning Your Past: How to get rid of an old criminal conviction

Beginning on January 1, 2018, a minor convicted of a minor in possession of alcohol (“MIP”) for the first time will receive a civil infraction, instead of a misdemeanor. ¬†Unfortunately for thousands of adults, the new law will not retroactively change an old MIP conviction from a misdemeanor to a civil infraction.[1] So, what can you do to remove that decade old MIP that you were probably required to disclose on every job application, professional license, or volunteer application you have completed since you were convicted of the MIP?


Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Submission of this form does not establish an attorney-client relationship or privilege. Please do not submit any confidential information. We will not be taking any action on your behalf unless and until we agree in writing to serve as your legal counsel.